Summer 2017 Dates and Application Information
||February 6, 2017 for full consideration
||June 5 - August 11, 2017 (10 weeks)
|| $ 2,000 (for students living off-campus)
|Travel Reimbursement :
|| A travel reimbursement will be available for students coming from outside Colorado.
|Double room with 19 meals/week:
|| $ 3,342
|Double room with 15 meals/week:
|| $ 3,300
|Double room with 10 meals/week:
|| $ 3,238
|Single efficiency apartment without meal plan :
|| $ 2,330
|Double efficiency apartment without meal plan :
|| $ 1,790
* These prices are estimates for planning purposes only and are subject to change.
Please note: NSF REU fundsmay only be used to support undergraduate students who are citizens or permanent residents of the United States or its possessions .
Applying for an REU position is a two-step process. First, you should fill in our online application form:
Then please send us the following supporting documents/information:
- Official and current transcript of your grades.
- A statement of at least a one page describing:
- how you think a summer research experience at the SMRC might further your educational or professional goals;
- relevant work, life, or laboratory experience (employer, type of work, dates of employment, previous participation in an REU or other summer program);
- computer experience (please list the types of computers which you have used and any programming languages or operating systems with which you have had significant experience);
- anything additional that you think would be beneficial for us to know about you (honors, awards).
- Name and affiliation of a professional reference. Please ask this person to write a letter in your behalf and mail it to the address given below.
Here are some useful REU Application Tips.
All application materials should be sent to:
Soft Materials Research Center
Department of Physics – 390 UCB
University of Colorado
Boulder, CO 80309-0390